Digital Citizenship Usage Policy
This policy is designed to ensure students use iPads and other technologies effectively and appropriately in a safe and secure environment.
Responsibilities of the student:
• I will protect the iPads, laptops and computers, not leaving them on the floor and always carrying them carefully using two hands.
• I will keep food and drinks away from the iPads, computers and digital equipment.
• I will have clean hands when using an iPads, computers and digital equipment.
• I will not bully anyone online and will tell the teacher if I see this happening.
• I only take photos of other people when I have their permission.
Being an Active Learner
• I will tell the teacher about any accidents or problems straight away.
• I will be cybersmart and cybersafe when using the internet.
• I will only use the iPads, computers and digital equipment under teacher direction.
• I know teachers and staff may check the iPad or computer to see what I am doing on it at any time.
• I will not use the iPad or computer for inappropriate uses.
• I will never share photos, sounds or movies of others on the internet unless the teacher tells me to.
• I will use any electronic equipment appropriately.
• I will follow all the class rules for how we treat each other when on a computer or iPad.
• I will follow the other rules for using the iPads and computers that the teachers set.
• I will only use the iPads, computers and digital equipment for the activity I am supposed to be doing. I will not use the internet or
go on other apps unless the teacher tells me to. I will ask if I am unsure.
• I will turn off the iPad or computer and tell the teacher if something on it is unsuitable or makes me uncomfortable.
• I agree that if I use the iPad or computer in the wrong way that there will be consequences for this, which may include losing the right to use them. If I can’t use an iPad or computer, I still have to do all of the work.
I understand and follow the Digital Citizenship Usage Policy of the school. I will also follow the class rules and my parents’ and teachers’ instructions when using the iPads.